What is the FDAC EBA?
Formed in 2005, the Fire Districts Association of California Employment Benefits Authority is a statewide Joint Powers Authority, which is a partnership of community service and fire protection districts in California to provide comprehensive health and welfare benefits for its members.
Who can join?
You can join the FDAC EBA if you are a public agency in California that provides fire protection or emergency services. A district, city or county must become part of the Joint Powers Authority to participate in the program.
What services are provided?
The FDAC EBA offers a full spectrum of employee benefits and insurance solutions that meet the unique needs of our membership. As an FDAC EBA member district you will have access to the following programs:
- Medical – EBA has partnered with Health Now/Blue Shield and Kaiser Permanente to provide high-quality insurance services specifically packaged to meet our members’ changing needs.
- Dental – EBA has partnered with Delta Dental to provide multiple PPO dental plans and with MetLife to provide a DHMO dental plan. This gives the districts the option to provide multiple dental plans to its membership and flexibility to meet the needs of their employees.
- Vision – EBA has partnered with Vision Service Plan (VSP) to offer their Signature Plan portfolio of comprehensive and affordable vision plans to our members.
- Basic Life and AD&D – EBA has partnered with The Hartford for the life insurance coverage.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programs are available with Magellan EAP. All participating members receive the three-session model with option to buy up to either a five or eight session model.
What plans are offered?
FDAC EBA offers Health Now/Blue Shield and Kaiser Permanente with a variety of plans that are both comprehensive and competitively priced.
- Health Now/Blue Shield:
- Basic and Premium PPO Plan options with $15 or $30 office visit copayment, $500 or $1,000 deductible, and 90% or 80% coinsurance.
- Basic and Premium EPO Plan options with $15 or $30 office visit copayment and $0 or $500 deductible.
- High Deductible PPO Plans, either Health Savings Account or Health Reimbursement Account compatible plans are available.
- Kaiser Permanente:
- Premium and Basic HMO Plans, $15 or $20 office visit copayment and $0 or $500 deductible
FDAC EBA contracts with Delta Dental and MetLife to provide dental benefits to members. Delta Dental offers PPO products that will meet the needs of your employees and their dependents with flexibility and convenience. Delta PPO plans offer one of the largest dental networks in California along with a variety of benefits districts can select to offer to its employees. MetLife offers a DHMO plan that is structured with defined copayments and uses their own MetLife HMO provider network.
FDAC EBA offers vision plans through VSP which are simple and affordable. Vision benefits are a highly valued benefit with a minimal cost to the employer.
Life and AD&D:
FDAC EBA offers its Basic Life and AD&D through The Hartford. Basic Life and AD&D are employer-paid benefits. Employers are able to select the level of benefit they will provide to every eligible employee from $200,000 to $100,000. Supplemental Insurance can be selected by the employee for themselves, as well as their eligible dependents. This is an employee paid benefit through payroll deduction. Employees can select any amount up to $200,000 without providing proof of insurability in increments of $10,000, but no more than $500,000. Any amount over $200,000 must be underwritten by The Hartford for approval. Employees may purchase up to supplemental life insurance for their eligible dependents, as long as they are enrolled for the benefit. An eligible spouse may elect up to $150,000 in $5,000 increments.
What other services will my District receive by joining the FDAC EBA?
- Consolidated Billing and Eligibility – The EBA partners with MyWorkplace.net for billing and eligibility. You will receive one bill for all lines of coverage, as opposed to a separate bill from each carrier.
- Online Eligibility – You will have access to the MyWorkplace.net System to enter employee benefit elections in the system; MyWorkplace.net will submit to the carriers and ensure your employees are enrolled for their benefits. There is no longer a need to submit enrollment forms to multiple carriers.
- HR Benefits Support – Contact your service team to get support on billing and claim issues.
- COBRA Administration – ASi is the COBRA administrator and is included in the fees. Why worry about whether you are compliant with Federal Regulations, when ThrivePass will handle COBRA on behalf of the district.
- Retiree Benefit Administration – There are plan options available for eligible retirees. Direct billing for retirees is provided by ThrivePass.
Want more information about the insurance programs and services through the FDAC EBA?